Who doesn’t enjoy brunch with friends and family? It’s always better going out for Mimosas and food and not being stuck in the kitchen while everyone else is having fun! Am I right? I have a great brunch recipe so you have make this ahead, and have it cooking, so you can socialize with your friends and have just as much fun and come out with this spectacular dish that everyone will fall in love with!
Vegan Broccoli Frittata
- 2 pkgs 12.3 oz silken tofu
- 1/4 cup soy milk
- 2 tsp cornstarch or arrowroot
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp yellow or dijon mustard
- 2 tsp dried thyme, basil or Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Pepare a 8 or 9 inch springform pan by spraying with non stick spray if needed.
- In a pan add a couple of tablespoons of water or vegetable broth for sauteing and add the onion and cook for 3 minutes then add garlic.
- Add potatoes and continue to cook for 5-7 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Add peppers and broccoli and allow to cook until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a blender, add the tofu, milk, 3 tbsp nutritional yeast, mustard, garlic powder, black salt, turmeric. Blend until smooth.
- Add the tofu mixture to vegetable mixture and combine well, pour into the prepared pan.
- Place in middle rack and bake for 34-45 minutes. Check at 35 minutes. The top should be firm to the touch.
Serve with my tempeh bacon, scones, toasts and fresh fruit and your done! Keep it simple and remember it about spending time with your friends and family that really matter. You can always make two of these and switch up the vegetables.