Everyone will fall in love with this Oil Free Potato Salad, it’s full of flavor but not calories. Mustard, dill and dill pickles are going to flavor this without using oil or mayo! We aren’t talking plain boring mustard but sweet and spicy mustard will kick this up a notch. This will become your new Favorite Potato salad and be on repeat all summer because it’s easy to make and to take to picnics and BBQ’s.
Why you need to make this-
- Great for meal prep, simple to make and stores in the fridge for 5-7 days.
- Low fat, no oil or mayonnaise
- Potatoes are the most satisfying food- it’s been proven.
- Dill will elevate the flavor with dried dill and dill pickle juice.
Easy Oil Free Vegan Potato Salad
- 1 pressure cooker or
- 1 l Large pot
- 2 lbs Yukon Gold potatoes, washed
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 4 dill pickles, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried dill or 1/4 cup fresh chopped
- 3 tbsp yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp hot and spicy or sweet and spicy mustard
- 1/4 cup dill pickle juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- In you pressure cooker, add potatoes and water. Cook for 12 minutes on high pressure. Allow to naturally release for 10 minutes.
- If using stove top method, cut potatoes into quarters or small. Add water and bring to a boil, reduce heat and allow to cook until the potatoes are tender. Drain and reserve
- In the meantime, dice your celery, onion and dill pickles.
- While potatoes are still warm but cool enough to handle chop in large chunks and add to large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss to combine and allow the pickle juice to absorb. Adjust with more mustard or pickle juice as needed. Season with salt and pepper
- Chill and serve.
- Keeps in the fridge for 5 days easily if it lasts that long