Crepes may seem intimidating but this recipe will prove to you anyone can make these! Dress them up or down. You can sprinkle them with cinnamon sugar or stuff them with fruit and whip cream or even savory fillings are great in these. The are gluten free, vegan and comes together in the blender so clean up is a breeze. You can even make them ahead of time if you’re having a brunch. This recipe is on our regular rotation because it pleases everyone all the time.
How can you fill this? Fruit and whip cream, vegan ricotta, strawberries, bananas, mango, peanut butter, vegan nutella, coconut. Make a crepe bar with a variety of toppings and let your friends make their own. Don’t forget savory options which I was introduce to on a trip to South Africa. Saute garlic spinach, whipped ricotta, vegan cheese, roasted veggies, again, use your imagination. But obviously, these are great for a dessert too.
Gluten Free Vegan Crepes
- 1 Non stick pan
- 3 tbsp vegan sugar
- 2/3 cup corn starch
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour or sorghum flour or All purpose flour Use APF if you don't need gluten free
- 1/3 cup silken tofu
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- pince salt
- In a blender combine all the crepe ingredients and blend well. Transfer to a container or mason jar and refrigerate for 1 hour minimum or over night.
- Clean blender and now add the ingredients for the cashew cream and blend for 2-3 minutes until creamy and smooth. You can also change up the flavoring by changing the extract. Chill in fridge.
- Preheat non stick pan on medium high. Add 1/4- 1/2 cup of batter depending on how big your pan is and swirl the pan to spread batter thin. Allow to cook without touching for 1 minute or so, gentle lift the sides all around and then flip and cook on other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Add your cashew cream to the middle of the crepe and I like to add some of the fruit and the flip both side over and top with more fruit.
I hope you enjoy these tender crepes as much as we do. If you make them tag me on instagram @vicki_lynne_mccabe