This may be a mouthful to say but after one bite you’ll be thanking me. You’re welcome! This is a family favorite and it’s so easy to make it oil free but it hits all the criteria of crunchy, creamy, salty and covered in a delectable sweet glaze. If if you don’t think you like brussel sprouts this recipe will win you over. I have made this oil free to follow the Starch Solution and you won’t mess the oil.
This is the perfect side dish during the holidays but it’s so easy to make that you’ll prepare it all year round. This makes enough to feed a crowd or have leftovers for the week. Feel free to change up the pecans to walnuts if your prefer and swap out the cranberries for dried cherries or even blueberries! As always make this recipe your own and have fun in the kitchen.
Maple Glazed Brussels Sprouts and Squash
- 2 baking trays
- 1 sharp knife
- 16 oz brussel sprouts, washed and halved
- 1 med butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 tbps pumpkin seeds
- flaked salt(optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Prepare baking trays with parchment paper or silicone pads.
- Peel and cube the butternut squash and spread evenly on one of the baking tray. Toss with 1/2 tsp of salt, pepper cinnamon and 2 tbsp of maple syrup. Try not to overcrowd the pan.
- Clean the brussel sprouts by removing the ends and washing and drying and halving the sprouts. Sprinkle with garlic and 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper and spread evenly on the second baking tray.
- Roast the brussel sprouts for about 15-18 minutes and the butternut squash for about 22-25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the remaining 2 tbsp of maple syrup over each sheet pan and toss to coat, flipping the veggies for even browning and return to the oven and roast for an additional 5-8 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
- Let the roasted vegetables cool down for a few minutes. Then to finish toss all the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and finish with a finally drizzle of maple syrup to taste and flaked salt(optional)