Recently I did a Meal Prep with Chickpeas, most people don’t realize how tasty and versatile they are. You can top salads, make burgers, falafels, add to soups, make cookie dough or protein balls! Those are the recipes I didn’t even have to think about because they are regular recipes in my kitchen. The might chickpea is packed with fiber, protein, folate, iron, magnesium and zinc. Chickpeas are also known has garbanzo beans, so depending are where you are you may hear them called that.
The soluble fiber is great for gut health, it can help lower your cholesterol, give you strong bones and boost your mental health. Wow! who would have thought this little golden nugget could do so much.
This salad is just a quick salad I like to put together and I like to use up what I have in the fridge so I do switch the vegetables. This is more of a Mediterranean salad with these ingredients but I really try hard not to have food waste.
Easy Chickpea Salad
- 1 Large Bowl
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked
- 1/2 english cucumber, chopped
- 12 grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thin (optional)
- 1/2 cup cilantro/parsley or both
- vegan feta(optional)
- salt and pepper
- dressing of your choice- delicious with just fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp flax seed, ground
- 2 tsp white miso
- 2-3 tbsp water
- pepper to taste
- For Dressing -Mix all ingredients together until smooth and thin consistency and set aside.
- Chop tomatoes in half and cucumbers in bite 1/2 inch pieces, toss everything into a bowl and toss with dressing. This will get better the longer it sits. Also great topped with vegan tofu feta ( https://youtu.be/u1FFzcZh8_c)
You can also add my vegan tofu feta which is easy to make and delicious to eat make it with or without the herbs its up to you https://youtu.be/u1FFzcZh8_c