Trying to be healthy but still want a little chocolate? This chocolate hummus is easy and delicious and only takes a few simple ingredients and a blender or food processor. This chocolate hummus which is oil free, gluten free will get you to eat more fruit! After one dip you will be addicted and that’s ok because this is healthy hummus.
Chocolate hummus isn’t so new, major brands are selling it at your favorite stores, Sabre, Trader Joe’s, and many more, but here’s a healthy, quick and easy recipe. Chock full of protein, vitamins and minerals from the main ingredient – Chickpeas, you can also sub for black beans both work well in this recipe. I know purist wouldn’t call this a hummus, so you can call it a Chocolate Dip.
What to dip in this luscious dip, fruit of course, strawberries, bananas, apples. Pretzels or cookies are also fabulous. Kids will love this and they will think they are getting a treat but we know better
Healthy Chocolate Hummus
- 1 High speed blender or food processor
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed and drained or 1 1/2 cups
- 3 tbsp tahini or nut butter
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup plant based milk, more for thinner consistency
- pinch of salt
- Drain and rinse your chickpeas.
- Add all ingredients into your blender or food processor. Start to process and add 3 tbsp of plant based milk and add addition milk until you get the consistency you prefer.
- Stores in the fridge for 1 week