These light and fluffy scones are great for High Tea, brunch or just a snack. They taste light spring and if you’re a fan of lemon, these are for you. All though they may have coconut oil, it’s only a small amount given they make 8 large flakey delicious Scones!
Vegan Lemon Blueberry Scones
- 1 Baking tray
- 1 Silpat or parchment paper
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp Plant based milk
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup refined coconut oil, chilled and cubed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat ove to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- In a measuring cup mix together the plant-based milk and lemon juice and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, baking soda and add lemon zest and dried blueberries. Add the chilled coconut oil and using a fork or pastry blender, cut the oil into the flour until a coarse meal forms.
- Gradually add the lemon juice milk mixture to the flour mixture and form a moist dough.
- Form the dough into a 1 inch round disk. Cut into 8 wedges and then carefully places wedges on a baking sheet about 2 inches apart. This will allow for proper browning.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, depending on your oven. While the scones our cooling, prepare the glaze. Once the scones have cools, glaze and serve immediately.