Fall is in the air and now everything is Pumpkin Spice everything. Well I love pumpkin all year round, and this recipe is made more than once a month. Pumpkin Sheet Pan Pancakes are so easy, delicious and hands off because they are baked in the oven.
Pumpkin sheet pan pancakes are great for feeding a lot of people at one time or for meal prep. These delicious pancakes reheat easily and are full of fall spices. I had never heard of sheet pan pancakes until last year and now they are my favorite for meal prepping.
What you will need to make these
- Cookie sheet with a rim or 9 x 13 baking dish, non stick is best
- Puree Pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
- Ground flaxseed to make our flax egg or you can use a egg replacer
- All purpose flour but you can use a gluten free blend
- Baking powder and baking soda to make these light and fluffy
Why do you need to make this recipe?
- Easy, fast and less clean up
- Everyone can eat the the same time
- Vegan, Oil Free, Starch Solution Friendly
- Great for meal prep, breakfast and brunches- the oven does all the work
Cooking times will vary depending it you use a 9 x 13 baking pan or a baking sheet which will make thinner pancakes. Using a baking sheet pan may only need 10-12 minutes of baking time.
These can also be frozen and defrosted as you need them. I hope you try these and tag me if you do.
Pumpkin Sheet Pan Pancakes
- 1 9 x 13 baking pan
- 1 parchment paper
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- 3 tbsp water to make flax egg
- 1 1/2 cups plant based milk
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups All purpose or Gluten free blend
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend
- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1.5 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare you pan by spraying with non stick spray or parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseed and water and set aside for 5-10 minutes to allow to gel. Then add remaining wet ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the remaining dry ingredients, from flour to salt.
- Add dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Immediately pour the batter into your lined baking pan and bake for 14-17 minutes, or until cooked through and golden brown.
- Remove pan from oven and place on cooling rack to cool for a few minutes.
- Carefully remove from pan and count into squares. Serve with maple syrup and/or fruit, pumpkin seeds or vegan whip topping.
- This recipe was adapted from The Conscientious Eater.