Crepes may look fancy but these ones are not the case. Yes they are more delicate than regular pancakes but this recipe which happens to be gluten free make them as easy as 1, 2, 3. Make sure you rest the batter and then you’re ready to go. These store well in the fridge or freezer, just separate them with parchment or wax paper so they don’t stick together, you can also use them to build a crepe cake and impress your friends.
I prefer them freshly made with the cashew cream and lots of fruit and chocolate sauce.
Gluten Free Vegan Crepes
- 1 Non stick pan
- 3 tbsp vegan sugar
- 2/3 cup corn starch
- 1/3 cup brown rice flour or sorghum flour or All purpose flour Use APF if you don't need gluten free
- 1/3 cup silken tofu
- 1 cup nondairy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup cashews, soaked
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- pince salt
- In a blender combine all the crepe ingredients and blend well. Transfer to a container or mason jar and refrigerate for 1 hour minimum or over night.
- Clean blender and now add the ingredients for the cashew cream and blend for 2-3 minutes until creamy and smooth. You can also change up the flavoring by changing the extract. Chill in fridge.
- Preheat non stick pan on medium high. Add 1/4- 1/2 cup of batter depending on how big your pan is and swirl the pan to spread batter thin. Allow to cook without touching for 1 minute or so, gentle lift the sides all around and then flip and cook on other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Add your cashew cream to the middle of the crepe and I like to add some of the fruit and the flip both side over and top with more fruit.